Expertise DescriptionI have more than 35 years experience in the management, development, implementation, marketing and operation of computer based information systems for the financial services industry. I specialize in management consulting providing business planning services, aligning information technology to business objectives as well as identifying opportunities to use information technology as a competitive resource to clients. I employ business information planning methodology, and selected consulting services to improve organizational effectiveness, business and technical processes, and the effectiveness of information management resources. I have spent over 20 years providing consultations and deposition as a business technology expert witness.
Areas of Expertise
My expert witness experience includes being engaged to determine the dollar amount of a replacement insurance software system where the vendor failed to develop the software for the client. The client and the vendor agreed on a settlement. I subsequently received a contract to help find the replacement software.
My consulting experience includes supporting companies with strategic planning and sourcing for the last twenty years. Numerous companies have engaged me to develop business plans and sourcing strategies. I have helped companies implement various programs for process and Information technology improvement. RFPs and RFI templates have been developed for all the functional areas of a company to quickly and efficiently determine vendor selection. I have and information driven planning and sourcing framework that allows companies to actively participate in the process, so that the end result is a company’s decision not the consultant’s recommendation.
· Facilitated the development of centers of excellence (Agency relationship Management, New business / underwriting, Policy Service, Claims) for five acquired insurance companies.
· Developed and supported the implementation of an Information Technology Transformation plan that in-sourced application development and off-shored legacy application maintenance.
· In-sourcing strategic system support and offshoring legacy application system maintenance for a large insurance group
· The development of business plan initiatives and Information technology strategic plan to support the business plan.
· Merger and acquisition support on the integration of perspective companies
· Many more engagements including Business Planning, Business Area Architecture, Process Transformation, Information Technology Architecture, Business Process
My professional experience includes thirty-five years of providing professional consulting services to companies, institutions and governments. Services included:
· Software Systems Engineer
· Data Center Manager
· Systems Development Manager
· Chief Information Officer
· Management Consultant
|Ed.M.||Rutgers – New Brunswick||NJ|
|B.S.||Rutgers – New Brunswick||NJ|
· Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
· Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
· Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
· Fellow in the Life Management Institute (FLMI)
Awards & Affiliation
· New Jersey Boy’s State
· SCORE – Service Corps of Retired Executives
· Township Auditor
SCORE – Service Corps of Retired Executives