Expertise DescriptionHaving spent more than a decade in the fields of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, I have a particularly strong focus in the role of developmental pathways in the regulation of Type 2 Diabetes, and the use of existing therapeutic agents in other scientific areas in novel applications to ameliorate obesity-induced insulin resistance. I have prior experience providing consultations and courtroom testimony as an endocrinology expert witness in New Jersey and New York.
Areas of Expertise
I am an endocrinologist, and specialize in the care of patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. I see patients at a Diabetes Center in an Ivy League university. In addition, I run an active research program investigating the molecular mechanisms that cause Type 2 Diabetes.
|M.D.||Albert Einstein College of Medicine||Bronx||NY|
|Ph.D.||Cell Biology||Albert Einstein College of Medicine||Bronx||NY|
|M.S.||Albert Einstein College of Medicine||Bronx||NY|
|S.B.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Cambridge||MA|
ABIM certification, Endocrinology and Metabolism
ABIM certification, Internal Medicine
Awards & Affiliation
Honors and Awards:
– David L. Williams Award for Lipid Research – awarded annually to one Assistant Professor working in the general area of lipid biology, with associated lectureship at the Kern Lipid Conference
– Lewis Katz Jr Prize in Cardiovascular Research – awarded annually to one junior faculty member at Columbia University working in cardiovascular research
– Louis V. Gerstner Jr, Scholar – awarded annually to physician-scientists to conduct translational research
– Keystone Symposium Travel Award
– American Diabetes Association Travel Award