ForensisGroup will be at LAIPLA’s Annual Spring Seminar Retreat from Friday, April 26th to Sunday, April 28th.
Event Details: The Spring Seminar is a three-day weekend that combines high-quality and in-depth legal content with an abundance of networking opportunities and social activities. National speakers and leading legal scholars and experts will present material on cutting edge issues related to intellectual property and technology. Among the many presentations, there will be a keynote lunch address by Ms. Regan Smith, the General Counsel and Associate Register of Copyrights for the United States Copyright Office.
In addition, a panel of distinguished IP thought leaders (known for their informative and entertaining presentations) will review the key developments in copyright, trademark, and patent law over the past year and provide insight on how those developments will impact the practice of IP law going forward. The program will also feature a variety of panels focused on IP.
- The meaning of “on sale” under the America Invents Act (AIA) as a result of the S.Ct. case Helsinn v. Teva and implications;
- Managing a client’s IP dispute in forums around the globe, as well as what venue decisions should be considered when pursuing or defending IP rights;
- The current landscape for technology startups and the venture capital funding that helps these companies get on their feet;
- The direction that disruptive technologies like artificial intelligence and virtual reality are taking, as well as the far-reaching legal implications of those technologies; and
- Implicit and explicit bias, how this bias affects not only hiring decisions, but also jurors’ perceptions of lawyers in the courtroom, and steps that can be taken to eliminate it.