Lightning strikes in the U.S. roughly 25 million times a year, killing an average of 49 people annually with hundreds more severely injured.
A typical lightning strike in the United States conveys between 25,000 and 45,000 amps, which can cause significant damage.
The basic types of lightning damage are as follows:
- Physical damage (caused by current flow and heat)
- Secondary effect damage (causing arcing and induced current)
- Electromagnetic effect damage (inducing currents in nearby wires or other conductors)
- Damage caused by changes in ground reference potential (causing current flow through grounding systems)
Our experts are electrical engineers and scientists specializing in the following:
- Electromagnetic radiation
- Electrocution and electrical accidents
- Electrical fires
- Lighting safety
Some have expertise as electrical inspectors which includes the following:
- Lightning risk assessments
- Design reviews of equipment and lightning protection systems
- Transient protection
- Grounding system design
- Electromagnetic safety assessments
- Electrical safety audits
These experts offer consulting in matters of the following:
- Grounding and lightning protection designs
- Electromagnetic safety limits
- Lightning protection and grounding
- Surge protection design
Many of their cases involve personal injury and fatalities caused by lightning strikes.
In the event you are unable to locate a suitable Lightning Expert Witness for your case, ForensisGroup is a full-service Expert Witness Referral Company. We can connect you with the best and right Lightning Expert so you can focus on your case preparation and trial.
Trusted by more than 20,000 clients and serving 30,000 cases nationwide, our commitment to knowing each expert and what makes them perfect for your case will save you and your clients time and money while providing peace of mind.