Medical malpractice is a serious issue within the field of medicine and can result in injury, declining health, or even death.
Medical malpractice can lead to potential lawsuits in many cases.
Medical Malpractice Expert Witnesses often have backgrounds in specific areas of focus within the medical field, as malpractice may occur throughout various forms of treatment.
This can include emergency medicine, critical care, rehabilitation, long-term care, assisted living, urgent care medicine, internal medicine, sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, psychiatry, neurosurgery, or other forms of healthcare practices.
Medical malpractice can take on many forms, including:
- Negligence while caring for a patient
- Prescribing incorrect types of medication
- Making errors during surgical procedures
- Neglecting to inform a patient of potential side effects and other pertinent information related to treatment
- Other mistakes or oversights made by physicians, nurses, and other employees working within the medical field
Failure to take a medical records review into account before treating a patient may also cause potential problems, as the patient history is often relevant to various medical procedures and forms of treatment.
Serious personal injury and trauma as a direct result from any medical treatment would be grounds for a lawsuit, requiring a medical malpractice expert witness to provide an expert opinion regarding the role of the physician and whether the proper treatment was administered to the patient.
Trusted in over 30,000 cases nationwide, ForensisGroup will connect you with an industry-leading Medical Malpractice Expert Witness so you can focus on your case preparation and trial.