Expertise DescriptionI have over 25 years experience in all areas of the furniture industry including marketing, product design and development, new product launch, catalogs and price lists, costing, domestic and overseas sourcing, private label manufacturing, purchasing, supplier negotiations, sales, customer service, trade shows, and fabric programs. I have visited and/or evaluated over 100 furniture factories and component suppliers located throughout the U.S., Canada, Italy, Spain, Eastern Europe. I have spent over 15 years as a furniture industry expert witness and have provided numerous clients with deposition, consultations, and courtroom testimony.
Areas of Expertise
My expert witness experience includes:
• Product liability for chair failure
• Intellectual property re: design rights, knock offs
• Breach of fiduciary duty
• Breach of contract for supply agreement
My consulting experience includes:
• Strategic seating and table product catalog expansion
• Furniture industry competitive analysis
• Furniture sourcing – potential higher quality vendors
• Overseas furniture manufacturers entering the U.S. market
• Set up an independent sales rep network
• Product sales training programs
My professional background includes hands-on executive level experience over a successful 25 year career. As executive and/or equity owner, I was an integral part of start-up, turnaround and aggressive growth situations.
Florida County Court Mediator