Expertise DescriptionI have over 30 years experience in Hotel operations with expertise in generally accepted operation practices and standards in the lodging industry to meet the Duty of Care expectation by guests and employees. My practice focuses on Catastrophic injuries from assaults, shootings, and wrongful death matters associated with drowning, fire, and carbon monoxide poisoning occurrences at hotels. I routinely work on matters involving Hotel Franchise Agreements and Brand Standards vis-a-vis property control and operational requirements. My retention has been approximately 50/50 plaintiff and defense in state and federal courts. I have spent over 20 years offering consultations, deposition, and courtroom testimony as a hotel operations expert witness.
Areas of Expertise
My expert witness experience includes:
· Premises liability injuries/deaths associated with: faulty and poorly maintained hotel equipment through failure of hotel chief engineer to properly supervise 3rd party contractors for work meeting codes and permitting process. (Cancun, Houston, San Gabriel, Palm Springs, Charlotte);
· International corporate hotel structure litigation regarding Plaintiffs assertion of serious injury associated with claim of agency, franchise control management control at property in Mexico. (Philadelphia);
· Assault of hotel guest resulting from poorly supervised or trained hotel employee reflecting absence of on-site management control and compliance with accepted hotel operating practices. (Cleveland, Mesa, Indianapolis);
· Insurance claim against hotel owner for excessive repairs/remodeling damage claim related to carbon monoxide poising death at chain-affiliated hotel. (Florida);
· Drowning matter at large chain-affiliated hotel involving brand standards, expected engineering supervision and property control. (Philadelphia, St. Louis);
· Alleged wrongful eviction at a large, well known, chain-affiliated hotel which resulted in plaintiff claim for the subsequent death and material life disability of another individual who were requested to vacate the premises. (Denver); and
· Alleged establishment of an agency with a 3rd party vendor by Plaintiff regarding a parasailing death at a Nassau hotel. Nassau and Miami)
My consulting services include selected hotel financing work.
My professional experience includes being the President of 149-unit condominium in Florida requiring the skills and experience similar to those of managing a 300-room hotel, supervising the on-going maintenance, employee supervision, manager and adherence to Florida condominium statues. Complex comprised of a 21-boat slip dock facility, 325 parking spaces, large swimming pool and deck area, Patio area with outdoor grills, 1900 linear feet of seawall, fitness room and meeting/recreational facility. I also have experience with numerous speaking engagements, interviews in the press, and publishing several articles.
|B.S.||Business Administration with a minor in business and accounting||University of Denver – School of Hotel and Restaurant Management|
California Real Estate License
Certified Hotel Administrator, (CHA) American Hotel & Lodging Association
Certified Hotel Industry Analytics, (CHIA), American Hotel & Lodging Association
Awards & Affiliation
American Hotel & Lodging Association.
American Hotel & Lodging Association